There is nothing more encouraging in the face of great hardship than another person’s story of success. The heartwarming stories we hear about remarkable people who find the silver lining in their experience of living and coping with Huntington’s Disease keep us going! Starting a support group in an isolated area, creating a group home for people with HD, and empowering the HD youth to action through advocacy or fundraising - these are the actions of the HD community that move us toward achieving the impossible – transforming the lives of people affected by Huntington’s Disease.
Please share your stories with us!
- Resources you have discovered in your local area, like good nursing homes, in-home services, compassionate primary care physicians, etc.
- Creative ways you have used to manage behavior, motor symptoms, transportation, or housing.
- Ways you have involved your local community in your efforts
- Ways to inform decision makers in the government, medical community, or community leadership about Huntington’s Disease, and invite their participation in our projects
- Approaches that have helped your own family to work together